Second recipe in the lavender range.
Self-raising flour, for dusting
2 teaspoons dried lavender buds
375g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon caster sugar
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Makes 12
- Preheat oven 220 C / Gas 7. Dust a baking tray with self-raising flour. Give the lavender buds a short blitz in a food processor, so that it is a coarse powder.
- Sieve 375g self-raising flour into medium bowl, add lavender and caster sugar. Using your fingertips, rub butter into the mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add milk. Use a blunt knife to mix until dough begins to come together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together. Do not over-knead.
- Flatten dough with palm of your hand until about 2cm thick. Use a 5cm round cutter or a drinking glass to cut out your scones. Place onto prepared baking tray 1cm apart. Brush with additional milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool.
- Cut in half, smear in salted butter.
Although not the best photo (used my iPhone) I can truly say they are totally delicious, and I will be making more.