I love to cook, but for the last week my Oven has been out of limits as there is a fault with a gas cut off so cannot use it. However, all was not lost as I finally made Chocolate fudge, and it is very easy to make, and you don’t even need a sugar thermometer.
vegetable oil, for greasing
300g/10½oz soft light brown sugar
125g/4½oz evaporated milk
300g/10½oz milk chocolate, chopped
75g/3oz dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa solids), chopped
- Grease and line an 8″ square cake tin. I use an earthenware lasagne dish.
- In a heavy based large pan, put the butter, sugar and milk and put on a low heat till the butter and sugar melts.
- Add the marshmallow and allow to melt, stirring from time to time. When melted, turn the heat right up and allow it to boil for five to eight minutes.
- Chop all the chocolate up into small pieces.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for a minute, then stir really well making sure all the chocolate has melted.
- Turn out into to prepared cake tin and place either in the fridge or in a cold place to set for a few hours.
Once the fudge has set, lift out using the grease proof paper and cut into your desired size squares, you can usually get 25 squares out of it, and enjoy.